Monday, April 5, 2010

Up In The Air

There is something so magical about a tree house, don't you think? It's in the same category for me as castles and lighthouses and cottages deep in the woods. I don't think I'd like to stay in one permanently, but if I was visiting Kenya I'd definitely consider staying a few nights in this beautiful space. I love the canoe bathtub and the gauzy canopies on the beds.
Treehouse at Ngong House
These stunning tree houses are from German company Baumraum. I love how they've managed to take something as nostalgic as a tree house and create a completely modern space. I also really appreciate that they didn't feel the need to make the interior of the house look like the inside of a tree—it's so light and dreamy, exactly what I'd want if I lived in the air.
Treehouses by Baumraum
Finally, these tree houses from TreeHouse Workshop based in Seattle embody exactly what I think of when I picture a traditional tree house. They're obviously more elaborate and elegant than any I've ever seen, but the fact that they seem to actually grow out of the tree is key to my vision of a tree house. Aren't they gorgeous? I'd love to have my morning coffee on any one of these lovely decks.
Treehouses by Tree House Workshop
Treehouses by Tree House Workshop

1 comment:

  1. These are so cool!! It reminds me of the house in Swiss Family Robinson... which I sooo wanted to live in.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...