Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Fashion Drawing

Let's just take a minute and bask in the beauty of the fashion and style of three talented artists. This first is from a well-known artist, David Downton. I love his use of color and shade and light. And his portraits are really quite stunning.
Fashion Sketches
Fashion Sketches
Have you seen Kat Macleods work? I've been a big fan of hers for awhile now. She's illustrated a handful of books and created art for magazines, among other things. I love how she uses fabric and 3-dimensional pieces to add another element to her art.
Fashion Sketches
Fashion Sketches
I've recently discovered Garance Dore's blog and was delighted to see her illustrations. They are so soft and detailed in the perfect spots. Her work is quite lovely and full of movement.
Fashion Sketches
Fashion Sketches
Fashion Sketches
Makes me want to buy French Vogue and get out my sketchbook. What a lovely way to spend an afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...