Monday, August 23, 2010

Meet: Deanna Staffo

Deanna is a Philadelphia based illustrator whose work reminds me of the lovely Kat Macleod with bits of Shel Silverstein thrown in for good measure. Her work is retro and modern, charming and disturbing and I want to hang every piece she's created on my wall. The more you stare at it the more it stares at you and the more emotional it becomes. She is definitely another illustrator that inspires me to get out my sketchbook and give it a go.
Deanna Staffo
Deanna Staffo
Deanna Staffo
Have you seen these blogs (curated by people far more fashionable than I) dedicated solely to what they wore that day? Part of me hates it for being so self-centered and the other part of me loves it for being so inspirational and brave. That said, our new friend Deanna created a series of "what I wore today" that I would love to subscribe to.
Deanna Staffo
She was somewhat recently married (to another illustrator of course) and she illustrated images for the invitation. The hot air balloon was the save the date (my favorite piece).
Deanna Staffo
The top left drawing was done by her husband and was the RSVP card, Deanna drew the top right and it was the invitation. Do you see that in the RSVP he's drawing her and in the invite she's drawing him? Cute huh? I thought you'd enjoy that.
Deanna Staffo
The finale. I am obsessed with the couple in the boat (a portrait she drew for a friend's wedding). If you frequent the local Starbucks at the Plaza like I do, you'd definitely agree with me that this handsome fella looks just like one of the baristas: glasses and all. And the Sofia Coppola portrait is spectacular. I love the horses in the background, particularly the masked horse.
Visit Deanna.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...