Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Flatish World of Ann Toebbe

These paintings remind me of the drawings of interiors I used to have to create in Art School. We'd take the flat floor plan and draw each piece (furniture, doors, walls) up at an angle. I'm probably not explaining that properly (and mine never even came close to being this awesome). But they did bring back memories of plastic triangles and graphite pencils. Luckily for you I'm not sharing my work with you, I'm sharing Ann Toebbe's.
anntoebbe1
anntoebbe2
Ann is a Chicago-based artist that now teaches in the city (as well as creates these interesting residential gems). I love that it's not idealized—so many of us have that dining room table covered in food and junk mail! Check out more of her work on her site or stop by 20 x 200 to purchase some. (Aside: 20 x 200 is a really, really great place to start or add to your art collection! The art is moderately priced, not mass-produced and helps support emerging artists.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...