Monday, November 8, 2010

The Finders Keepers Market

This past Friday I helped set up the Finders Keepers Market here in Brisbane. This means that I spent five hours fluffing tissue paper flowers, tying said flowers in clusters with fishing line and hanging (or at least watching as they were hung) said clusters from the ceiling of the Old Museum. The result was very rewarding and I consider the afternoon well spent indeed.
The Finders Keepers Market is a delightful display of 65 crafters peddling their creative wares. I saw everything from clothing to letterpress to jewelry and if I had a scrap of extra money I would've for sure spent it. My sister-in-law bought a fun ring and an amazing cloud necklace and I was excited that at least one of us was being supportive! Here are some pictures from the event:
Finders Keepers
Finders Keepers
Finders Keepers
The Old Museum and grounds made an unbelievable venue. Inside and along the side veranda were beautiful craft stalls, outside was a live music stage, food and coffee area. The talent was overwhelming. Speaking of: Brisbane-based illustrator Natalie did the gorgeous poster for the event. She has some stunning work on her site and her Flickr provided me with some of the photos from my collage. Visit her and say thank you. Other images are from the Finders Keepers site and from the Flickr tagged stream. Did you see the flower creations? Yep, pretty proud of myself. Of course it wouldn't have been possible without the dear Alischa of Bespoke Press (don't worry, more about her later) who was one of the ladies in charge of the event. It was a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...