Thursday, January 13, 2011

Heartbreak in Queensland

Well my friends, I tried to go about business as usual but my heart is too heavy to post about something other than the devastation that I'm witnessing. As most of you have surely heard (or seen or experienced) the state of Queensland in Australia has recently experienced a massive natural disaster: flooding the likes of which I never even imagined. Seventy-five percent of the state (which is roughly 2.5 times the size of Texas) has been declared a disaster zone. It's unfathomable really. And although I'm certain that these strong and determined people will come out even stronger and more determined, it's important that they feel our encouragement and support. There are a couple of ways you can help: donate money (it's a little tricky for you not in Australia, but it's not impossible: click on the link to figure it out) or simply let them know you're pulling for them. At the very least take a minute to really soak up these pictures and send a thought their way.
Queensland flood
Queensland flood
Queensland flood
Queensland flood
Queensland flood
Queensland flood
These images are from the Herald Sun site, there are so many more to see (along with videos and amazing stories).

3 comments:

  1. Good grief. Are you close to Queensland? That's so much flooding! Why isn't it international news?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jason: I'm in Queensland actually. I'm in Brisbane (which are the two areal shots and the second to last from the bottom. The other images are mainly from Toowoomba and Ipswich which are quite close to where I am. From what I can gather it is in international news, although it may be mentioned only briefly. If you check my Facebook there are some updates (or you can visit the herald sun website http://www.heraldsun.com.au/)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My thoughts, heart, and prayers go out to the people in Queensland. May you endure with His strength, lean into His embrace, seek His wisdom and be surrounded by His peace!!

    God Bless,
    Tammy from Rockford, IL USA

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...