Thursday, February 24, 2011

Nancy Mitford + Penguin Books + Lab Partners

This post is going to swerve a bit, I hope you're ok with that! It all started with a purchase. I wandered into a bookstore today and wandered out with the classic "the Pursuit of Love" by a Ms. Nancy Mitford. Now, I'd heard of this book but didn't know much about it, and since I'm only a few pages in, it's still a bit of a mystery. Know what I do know about it? It's a Penguin (so it's automatically cool), the cover is pink and yellow and black (my new favorite color combination) and there's a series of 5-books that the amazing Lab Partners has designed. More than enough to make me have to have it. See:
Lab Partners for Nancy Mitford
Obviously I'll be purchasing them all.
(swerve)
But, while I was browsing the Penguin website I couldn't help but notice there are so many great collections of books (with even greater covers) that I wouldn't mind having adorn my book shelves. For example, these two series: Penguin Decades—1960's and Central European Decades. Ok, maybe they sound a bit stuffy, but they couldn't possibly be—look at these gorgeous covers!
Penguin book covers
(and back around once more)
BUT I couldn't let the stunning work of Lab Partners themselves go unmentioned in this post. Man oh man do I love the work they've been turning out. You really need to pop over to their site and get better acquainted with them. But take a look at these beauties first:
Lab Partners
In other news: what are you reading?

5 comments:

  1. I just finished "Jane Eyre" for the first time and LOVED it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I would love to re-read all of those high school classics. Glad you enjoyed Jane Eyre!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you need a dresses for wedding guests,petite evening dresses, welcome to our online shop minel dillards dresses reviews
    http://www.minel.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sight of a cute girl strolling down the aisle will instantly warm the hearts of your wedding guests cocktail dress reviews angelgown. girls are easy to shop for because they look adorable in anything. However, you should choose a girl mother of the bride dresses reviews angelgown that your family will adore. Here are some creative ideas for choosing colorful girl angelgown mother of the bride dress reviews angelgown that any family would cherish.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...