Thursday, April 14, 2011

Places To Go (from the comfort of your sofa)

When I first began appreciating vintage items (particularly homewares) I remember getting extra excited about the funny little illustrations that adorned books and tea towels and handkerchiefs. I just thought they were so darn charming (which of course they are). And I've always been a fan of vintage/vintage-inspired maps and when the two of these things come together it's a marriage made in heaven. Oh, and maps just on their own are quite stunning aren't they? I love a vintage pull-down, school map don't you?
Maps (1)
Maps (2)
Maps (3)
images (from top left and across): pull down // coasters // chair // sideboard // ring pillow // tray // backdrop // radio // glasses // chairs // pillow // tablecloth

3 comments:

  1. That chair is crazy...love it.
    xo
    Ashlyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just found your blog, and can I tell you how beautiful it is?! I love the images but also the design - adding you to my blogroll right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness Ashlyn! That chair is soooo crazy and gorgeous isn't it? People are so clever :)
    Hello Anne-Marie! I think your blog is lovely! So glad you stopped by!
    Have a good weekend ladies!
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...