Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Meet: Clair Olivia Wayman

You know how much I love my magazines. It broke my heart to leave them behind in Australia but I just absolutely could not fit them in my suitcase. Seriously. The weight of my three suitcases, one massive carry-on duffel bag and a shockingly heavy purse almost brought the plane down. But I had to buy one last magazine at the airport and it was the September issue of Real Living. I can't tell you how much I love this magazine (I love it so much that I looked up how much a subscription to the US would cost me - let's just say that it's around $15 an issue. I'm still considering it.). I love the photographs, the recipes, the product suggestions, the whole thing. So it's not surprising that I fell in love with the portfolio off Melbourne-based stylist (and now shop owner) Clair. She's worked for years for Real Living and her style certainly reflects that. The images are light and easy and livable yet beautifully styled and inspired. I think you'll definitely spot some good ideas.
Clair Olivia Wayman
Clair Olivia Wayman
Clair Olivia Wayman
So much loveliness. (images are from her site and you can read a great interview here)
Oh, and if you're ever in Melbourne, visit Curio and Curio on Flinders street — this is the shop of Clair and her partner Nick. I'm bummed I missed it when I was there, but something tells me that wasn't my last trip to Melbourne. Just in case your trip is still a few years out, here are some shots of the store.
Clair Olivia Wayman

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...